Friday, July 11, 2014

Chapter 35: Weekly servers in the kitchen and at table (paragraphs 3-4)


One hour before the time of a meal those serving in the kitchen and at table should each receive a drink and some bread in addition to their regular portion. This will help them to serve the community at mealtime without stress and without murmuring about their lot. (From para. 3 of Ch. 35 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

How do I "make a martyr" of myself? What shift of circumstances or attitude, even very small ones, can I make with the help of grace, to bring blessing upon those I serve?

1 comment:

  1. Happy St. Benedict,s Day to all my friends here :-) Your sharing which I always look forward to helps me in living "my portion" of this earthly life without much "murmuring.". Thank you everyone. Special thanks too to Mary Kelly fodf moderating this blog.

    ReplyDelete