Saturday, October 18, 2014

Chapter 13: Lauds on ordinary days (paragraph 2)


It is important that the celebration of Lauds and Vespers should never be concluded without the recitation by the superior of the whole of the Lord's prayer so that all may hear and attend to it. This is because of the harm that is often done in a community by the thorns of conflict which can arise. (From para. 2 of Ch. 13 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

For me, forgiveness does not come through the ego or an act of my will.  Forgiveness comes through grace -- a sense of belonging to God and to all of creation. 

1 comment:

  1. “It’s a brand new day, everything is fine . . . “goes the hymn I love because I need to remember this every morning. Lauds: praise to begin the day, to start life all over again, a blank slate, an empty canvas, an opportunity for one more work of art titled “Today”. What fun to do art with you, Abba,my Divine Artist!

    ReplyDelete