Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chapter 13: Lauds on ordinary days (paragraph 2)


It is important that the celebration of Lauds and Vespers should never be concluded without the recitation by the superior of the whole of the Lord's prayer so that all may hear and attend to it. This is because of the harm that is often done in a community by the thorns of conflict which can arise. (From para. 2 of Ch. 13 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry OSB, 1997.)

To forgive as I am forgiven is to transform the stubborn patterns that ensnare human relationships. To forgive as I am forgiven is to accept others as I accept myself. To accept myself is to accept that my fundamental relationship is with God who already loves me, and to experience this through meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment