Saturday, December 2, 2017

Chapter 51: Those on local errands or work


Any who are sent on an errand which will allow them to return to the monastery on the same day must not eat outside, in spite of pressing invitations whatever their source, unless the superior has approved this. (From Ch. 51 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

In the midst of many pressures and temptations which would take me off course, I thank God for allowing me to return to the discipline of meditation.

1 comment:

  1. “What life demands from us is the single-minded search for God, not a series of vacations from our best selves.” (Joan Chittister). Abba, make me single-mindedly in love with you. Make me that instrument of your peace Francis prayed for whenever necessity takes me on excursions into the world.

    ReplyDelete